Legal & General Car Insurance cover for your summer holiday .
13 August 2014
Over the last few years more UK families shunned holidays abroad in favour of staying in the UK. With summer 2014 now here it’s the perfect time to get your holiday booked.
When planning your next day trip or UK family holiday, it’s important to make sure you have the right car insurance in place and have breakdown recovery available for added peace of mind.
Legal & General have launched their new car insurance cover available either online or via the telephone and if you buy direct with them you can get one year’s free UK Roadside and Recovery Breakdown cover and Keycare cover worth over £80.00. These extra features will give your family some reassurance should a breakdown happen or you lose your keys. At renewal Breakdown and Keycare cover and the cost of this cover will be added to your policy and detailed in your renewal documents. Terms and conditions apply.*
Legal & General has provided home insurance cover for over 90 years, so understand that
customers need to have access to quality cover and a great service. Legal & General car insurance is arranged and administered by BISL and provides a range of cover options, underwritten by a panel of insurers.
John Hyde, Managing Director for Legal & General’s Insurance business, said; “Our customers trust us to deliver insurance cover that provides them with peace of mind and reassurance. They need to be confident that they have the right cover in place and that should they have a claim it will be handled, swiftly and with empathy.”
Your new Legal & General car insurance policy might just offer you some extra peace of mind to help make sure your 2014 summer holiday goes without a hitch.
*For more information on Legal & General’s car insurance cover visit
www.legalandgeneral.com/car-insurance or call 0800 975 1705
Notes to editors
The rise of the ‘staycation’- Part of Tourism Satellite Account, 2010 - The Economic Importance of Tourism Release -15/10/2013. Changes in tourism expenditure, 2008-12, Office for National Statistics.
During the period of the financial crisis in 2008-9 and beyond there is some evidence to suggest that UK residents changed their travel behaviour and elected to take vacations within the UK rather than abroad. This change in behaviour has been referred to as the rise of the ‘staycation’.
*NEW CUSTOMERS - FREE UK ROADSIDE AND RECOVERY, AND KEYCARE COVER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This offer applies to new Legal & General Car Insurance customers purchasing a new Car Insurance policy by 31st December 2014. Existing Legal and General Car insurance customers or those that have held a Legal & General Car Insurance policy within 14 days prior to the start date of their new Legal & General Car Insurance policy are not eligible for this offer.
2. At renewal of your car insurance policy, the additional cost of your RAC Breakdown and Keycare products will be added to your renewal offer, unless you notify us otherwise before your renewal date.
3. The policy must be purchased directly with Legal & General Car Insurance. This offer is not available via price comparison websites. Policies purchased directly with Legal & General using a quote reference obtained from a comparison website will not be eligible for this offer.
4. The free Breakdown cover, UK Roadside and Recovery vehicle based, and Keycare cover, are attached to the car insurance policy and will end if and when the car insurance policy ends. The free Breakdown cover and Keycare cover offer is only available during the first year that you insure with Legal & General Car Insurance.
5. The cost to upgrade the Breakdown cover to include “UK Roadside, Recovery and At Home” cover is £10 for one year. The cost to upgrade to include “UK Roadside, Recovery, At Home and Onward Travel” cover is £20 for one year. The cost to upgrade to include “UK Roadside, Recovery, At Home, Onward Travel and European Cover” cover is £40 for one year.
6. The Breakdown cover is provided by RAC Motoring Services and RAC Insurance Ltd. For full Terms & Conditions of the Roadside and Recovery product, please see the policy wording, available on our website or on request.
7. The Keycare cover is administered by Keycare and the Insurer is Ageas Insurance Limited. For full Terms & Conditions of the products, please see the policy wording.
8. There is no cash alternative. In the event that the policy ends, no refund will be due in respect of the free Breakdown and Keycare cover.
9. The free Breakdown and Keycare cover cannot be transferred to any other policy.
10. We reserve the right to vary or withdraw or the offer at any time.
11. This offer and your quotation are subject to standard underwriting criteria. Policy terms and conditions apply and will be provided within the documentation when a policy is taken out.
12. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
13. The UK Roadside and Recovery Breakdown cover is worth £59.99 and Keycare cover is worth £23.99.
About Legal & General Car Insurance
Legal & General Car Insurance is arranged and administered by BISL Limited and underwritten by a panel of insurers.
BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Address: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, PE2 6YS. Registered in England number 3231094.
About Legal & General
The Legal & General Group, established in 1836, is one of the UK’s leading financial services companies.
The information contained in this release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Full consumer product information for Legal & General’s insurance business can be found at http://www.legalandgeneral.com/insurance/insurance-products/ or by calling 0800 027 7161. We may record and monitor calls. Lines are open 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday; and 9am - 5pm Saturday.
Legal & General Distribution Services Limited. Registered in England No 8083925. Registered Office: One Coleman Street, London EC2R 5AA. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
For more information please contact:
PR Manager, Legal & General Group
t: +44 (0) 20 3124 2092
m: +44 (0) 7764 582574
UK Business sites
International Business sites
UK Consumer site