9 Jul 2020
Legal & General Mortgage Club to hold first virtual Summer Conference
The virtual Summer Conference will explore learnings from the lockdown and how the challenges facing the industry in 2020 could help advisers and lenders to evolve for the future of the market
Legal & General Mortgage Club has today announced that it will be holding its first-ever virtual Summer Conference, which will take place on Thursday, 16th July. The conference has a packed agenda and the theme is ‘2020: What the Hell Happened’, exploring whether this year is one for the mortgage industry to forget or in fact, a year to remember and learn from.
The event will offer attendees the chance to discuss a number of topical issues, looking at the impact of 2020 thus far and lessons both lenders and brokers can learn from the lockdown. The debate will also discuss what the future could hold for the mortgage market, looking at the impact of technology, risk of climate change and the opportunities that arise from market innovation.
The conference will feature virtual ‘exhibition stands’ and attendees will also have access to a webinar library, where advisers can access relevant Mortgage Club webinars that have previously taken place.
Kevin Roberts, Director of Legal & General Mortgage Club, will host the event, alongside confirmed speakers and industry experts including;
- Miguel Sard, Managing Director of Home Buying and Ownership, NatWest
- Peter Brodnicki, Chief Executive Officer, Mortgage Advice Bureau
- Chris Pearson, Head of Intermediary Mortgages, HSBC
- Andrew Montlake, Managing Director, Coreco
- Alison Pallett, Director of Sales, LiveMore Capital
- William Rice, Chief Executive Officer, Generation Home
- Greg Cunnington, Director of Lender Relationships and New Homes, Alexander Hall
- Jeremy Duncombe, Director of Intermediaries, Accord Mortgages
- Russell Anderson, Head of Mortgage Sales, Bank of Ireland UK
- James Tucker, Chief Executive Officer, Twenty 7 Tec
- Clare Beardmore, Head of Mortgage Transformation, Legal & General Mortgage Club
The conference will also include a catch-up option, giving advisers the opportunity to access content from the virtual event at any point after it has taken place, should they not be able to make the live sessions. Those interested in attending the conference can register via the conference hub, located here.
The unprecedented situation earlier this year meant we sadly had to postpone our Spring events, but we recognise the value these conferences can bring to advisers and others in the mortgage market. Whether we are advisers, lenders or other stakeholders in this industry, it is still important that we get together to reflect on the challenges and opportunities of this unusual year.
I’m excited about this new ‘virtual’ format for our Summer Conference and I will be putting my now months of video call experience to use – no pressure! I look forward to joining key figures in the industry as we debate and discuss the latest news in the mortgage market and what the post-COVID world might hold for Britain’s housing sector.
Kevin Roberts, Director, Legal & General Mortgage Club