LEGAL & GENERAL EXTENDS ITS RANGE OF HOME INSURANCE COVER WITH LAUNCH OF ENHANCED.
24 January 2013
Legal & General has extended its range of home insurance cover options with the launch of Enhanced home insurance, designed for mid and high net worth customers who are looking for bespoke insurance cover and service.
Despite the economic downturn, the number of more affluent individuals in the UK is forecasted to grow on average by an annual rate of 8%, reaching 12.4 million in 2014, with younger professionals expected to become richer, faster than any other age group*
Legal & General's new Enhanced home insurance cover has been designed to meet the needs of these customers who look for a personal and professional service, have a high level of understanding of their insurance needs yet prefer to use a trusted brand.
With this in mind, Legal & General's general insurance business decided to partner with Aqueduct Underwriting Limited, who has the experience and expertise of arranging and administering home insurance for larger properties and higher valued possessions, that are required by customers in this market. Enhanced offers customers greater product flexibility, yet is still competitively priced and is supported by personalised customer service and the security that comes with Legal & General as a valued and trusted brand.
The new Enhanced household insurance is available through Legal & General's general insurance business's direct channel, where the new cover complements Legal & General's existing Essentials and Extra range of quality home insurance cover.**
Mike Lawler, Director for Legal & General's direct general insurance business, said; "As a responsible insurer, we believe that it is important that we offer all our customers home insurance cover that they can rely on and that offers them valuable protection for the items they hold dear, whatever their value might be.
We've received some great feedback from customers that view us as a provider that meets their needs by providing peace of mind that we will be there to help when they need it most. So, it makes sense to grow our offering so it is in line with the expectations of these wealthier customers who still wish to arrange their cover directly with us. We recognised that we needed to offer these more affluent customers cover and service that meets their higher expectations, while maintaining their confidence, which comes with our heritage and strength.
We are committed to providing transparent and competitive products to our customers and believe that with the strong Legal & General brand, Enhanced will be valued by both mid and high net worth consumers as they appreciate that we've aligned their experience to be more in line with their changing expectations, so it is outstanding."
For more information on the Legal & General's new Enhanced home insurance cover visit www.legalandgeneral.com/insurance/enhanced or call 0500 66 55 55.
Notes to editors
Sources: * Datamonitor Mass Affluent Market research, 2010
Enhanced home insurance cover
- Enhanced is an 'All Risks' worldwide policy, with cover provided for all types of homes, subject to certain exclusions.For example cover is available:
- Cover for buildings sum insured over £800,000
- Cover for contents sum insured over £100,000
- High valued items are covered as standard so there is no need to list individual items valued under £10,000 for example jewellery and watches or £15,000 for other valuable items
- For claims there is the choice of the item being replaced or the cash alternative
- The valuations of items are only requested at the claim stage
- Large or complex claims are made easier as a home visit by a specialist loss adjuster is arranged
- The replacement of undamaged items in a set if the matching item cannot be replaced
- Worldwide cover for theft, loss or damage of possessions when temporarily away from the home
- Dependent child belongings are covered while they are residing at boarding school or University.
Legal & General's Enhanced home insurance is arranged and administered by Aqueduct Underwriting Limited a specialist underwriter which began trading in 2010 to offer household insurance products designed to cater for the demands and needs of affluent homeowners. Every policyholder receiving a high level of professional service. Aqueduct issues the insurance, which is provided by insurers at Lloyds of London who are rated A+ by both Standard's & Poor's and Fitch. More details are available at http://www.aquaunderwriting.com/
About Legal & General
Founded in 1836, Legal & General has been in business for over 175 years which not only gives us credibility but demonstrates our experience in every kind of economic climate. Legal & General is one of the UK's leading financial services companies and as at 30 June 2012, we were responsible for investing £388 billion worldwide on behalf of investors, policyholders and shareholders. We also had over seven million customers in the UK for our life assurance, pensions, investments and general insurance plans. The general insurance business was recently voted by Your Money: Best Home and Contents Provider 2012 and a consumer-focused approach and drive to deliver outstanding products and services.
- *The information contained in this release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
- **Full consumer product information for Enhanced can be found at www.legalandgeneral.com/enhanced or by calling 0500 66 55 55. We may record and monitor calls. Lines are open 9am - 8pm Monday to Thursday; 9am - 6pm Friday and 9am - 1pm Saturday. Full consumer product information for Extra and Essentials can be found at http://www.legalandgeneral.com/insurance/insurance-products/ or by calling 0800 027 7161 . We may record and monitor calls. Lines are open 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday; and 9am - 5pm Saturday. Alternatively, consumers should speak to their insurance adviser.
- Legal & General is auth