LEGAL & GENERAL LAUNCH 6 YEAR GROWTH DEPOSIT BOND 12.
20 January 2012
6 Year Growth Deposit Bond 12 offers investors a minimum return of 8.00% at maturity (1.2% AER), or 100% of any capital growth in the FTSE 100 Index (subject to averaging), up to a maximum of 50% of the original investment, which ever is greater. The Bond will also return their original investment at the end of the fixed six year term, which is on 28 March 2018. If investors take out some or all of their money before the end of the fixed term they may get back less than they originally invested.
Legal & General’s Head of Commercial Implementation,
Platforms & Distribution, James Harrington said, “The potential to benefit from positive growth in the FTSE 100 Index, while protecting their original capital from the risk of a fall in the value of the stock market, is proving an attractive proposition for cautious investors who are seeking to inject growth into their savings. The added benefit of a fixed minimum return at the end of the six years means that this style of Structured Deposit Bond could appeal to investors who are holding money on deposit.”
The minimum investment is £500 and the Bond is available as a deposit plan (for individuals, pension trustees, charities and corporate applications), new cash ISA applications (up to a maximum of £5,340) and for cash ISA transfers for which there is no maximum.
The last date for ISA transfers is 24 February 2012 to allow time for completion of the transfer before the offer close date. The closing date for all other applications is 9 March 2012.
Commission is 3% of the sum invested. Full details for this product are available on the
Legal & General dedicated adviser website www.landgstructuredproducts.com.
Advisers can also contact Adviser Direct on 0845 273 0008 (Lines are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We may record and monitor calls. Call charges will vary).
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editorsThe information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be relied upon by private investors or any other persons to make financial decision.
1. The contract start date is 28 March 2012 and the end of the fixed term is 28 March 2018. The maturity payment date, when Legal & General receive monies from the deposit taker, is 3 April 2018.
2. This plan is not suitable for customers who may need to access their money before the end of the six year term or who may be seeking a definite return.
3. The growth of the FTSE 100 Index will be measured using the initial level of the Index at close of business on 28 March 2012 and the average level of the Index in the last 12 months of the investment, commencing 28 March 2017 to 28 March 2018.
4. The average level is based on the closing level of the Index on the 28th of each month during the averaging period (13 observations).
5. The 6 Year Growth Deposit Bond 12 is designed to return the original investment at the end of the fixed term. If investors take out some or all of their money before the end of the fixed term, they may get back less than they originally invested.
6. Taxation - as this is a deposit investment any growth received is treated as interest. The cash ISA (and an ISA transfer) is a tax free investment. Any growth received through the deposit plan will be paid net of UK income tax at the basic rate (currently 20%). Non tax payers can reclaim this tax. Higher and additional rate tax payers will have further tax to pay. SIPP, SSAS, charity or company applicants can be paid without the deduction of income tax but only where sufficient documentary evidence is provided.
7. The Deposit taker is The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (RBS).
8. The return on the original investment and any applicable returns is dependent on RBS paying this money to us. This might not happen if RBS default or become insolvent and unable to repay us this money. If they don't repay us, the investor could lose some or all of their original investment. RBS is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, which covers the first £85,000 each customer holds with each bank or building society.
9. This investment does not invest directly into the companies that make up the FTSE 100 Index and so no dividend income is received.
For more information please contact:
PR Manager Savings
t: +44 (0) 1737 375365
m: +44 (0) 7802 503917
About Legal & General
Legal & General (Portfolio Management Services) Limited.
One Coleman Street
London EC2R 5AA.
Registered in England 2457525.