Winners announced at the Legal & General Mortgage Club Awards.
15 June 2012
Nationwide for Intermediaries proved top lender at the Legal & General’s Mortgage Club Awards, picking up no less than four awards which were announced today,15 June 2012. The awards lunch was held at The Guildhall, located in the heart of the city with guest speaker Austin Healy, rugby international and Strictly Come Dancing star.
The Legal & General Mortgage Club Awards recognise lender activity over the last 12 months and were voted for by member mortgage brokers in March this year, of which there are over 10,000. Mortgage Club lenders were rated against a series of criteria including products, service, sales and marketing.
The winning lenders were:
- Best Lender for Product Innovation – Woolwich
- Best Lender for Mainstream Products – Purchase – Nationwide for Intermediaries
- Best Lender for Mainstream Products – Re-mortgage – Nationwide for Intermediaries
- Best Lender for Large Loans – Halifax
- Best Lender for Buy to Let Products – The Mortgage Works
- Best Lender for their contribution to First Time Buyers – Nationwide for Intermediaries
- Best Lender for Service – Halifax
- Best Small Building Society/Regional Lender – Leeds Building Society
And Paul Simmons from Nationwide for Intermediaries was named Business Development Manager of the Year.
Ben Thompson, Managing Director, Legal & General Mortgage Club said, “ It is now twelve years since we launched the Mortgage Club Awards and I am very proud of what they represent and what we, supported by our loyal members, have achieved. Now more than ever it is important to recognise and celebrate what lenders and intermediaries have to offer. Our members have told us they value and appreciate what the Club provides through exclusive and innovative products and wide range of services.
This year we received our highest ever response from members to our annual Club survey and recorded the highest ever levels of satisfaction with Club Services. This says to me we are both doing things right and doing the right things and we will continue to improve and extend what we offer to members to help them to do good business in these difficult times. Congratualtions to all our winners and particularly Nationwide for Intermediaries for their success!”.
In addition to the awards for lenders, awards were presented to members of the Legal & General Mortgage Club, to recognise their performance in the mortgage market during the last year.
The winners were:
- Top Protection Producer – Mortgage Talk
- Top GI Producer – Mortgage Advice Bureau
- Top AR for growth in Mortgage Business – Kingsgate Law Limited
- Top Sole tie DA for growth in Mortgage Business – John Charcol
- Fastest growing Mortgage DA Business – London and Country Mortgages
- Top overall Mortgage Business – Mortgage Advice Bureau
- Network Business Champion – Finance Planning Group
All the results are processed by an independent market research company, which means that they truly represent the views of brokers in the UK mortgage market today.
Notes to editors
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be relied upon by private investors or any other persons to make financial decisions. The Legal & General Group, established in 1836, is one of the UK’s leading financial services companies. As at 31 March 2012, we were responsible for investing £378 billion worldwide on behalf of investors, policyholders and shareholders. We also had over seven million customers in or our life assurance, pensions, investments and general insurance plans.
For more information please contact:
PR Manager, Legal & General Group
t: +44 (0) 20 3124 2092
m: +44 (0) 7764 582574