27 Jan 2015
Making our £14.5bn UK property portfolio environmentally sound, economically viable and socially useful.We’ve just launched the 2014 sustainability report for legal & general property which shows all the hard work that has gone into making our £14.5bn uk property portfolio environmentally sound, economically viable and socially useful.
Not Just Any Landlord
Being a landlord of this scale takes time, effort and investment. As one of the few tangible parts of Legal & General, we have nearly 800 properties that you can walk up to in the UK. The rumour is that if you walked from Lands’ End to John O’Groats you would never be more than 10 miles from a Legal & General owned building.
Did you know that in 2014:
- We grew our commercial property assets under management from £11.9bn to over £14.5bn
- We obtained 11 out of 11 Green Stars in the GRESB survey for those funds eligible to enter, showing that we ‘walk the walk’ as well as ‘talk the talk’ with regard to sustainability
- Carbon emissions across our portfolio reduced by 11% since 2011, while the waste that we divert from landfill to be recycled has increased from 53% to 79% and we have recorded a 2% reduction in water
- We have sustainability risk assessments and improvement plans in place for all our assets and a total of five funds now contain less than 1% (by net lettable area) of F and G rated Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- We won business mandates because of our sustainability credentials including the National Employment Savings Trust’s (NEST) property mandates, which was attributed above all else to our extraordinarily high Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) credentials, as well as the comprehensive integration of these into our investment processes and philosoph.
Why not take a read: LGP Sustainability Review (PDF)
Mapping The UK
We have produced a map for each of our major locations so that you can see what’s on your doorstep that is owned and managed by Legal & General Property. There will be some local landmarks in your community
What We Own Near Each Location
If you like what you see why not share?
- As an employee of Legal & General you might be interested in what we do and have questions about what we do and what we own. Why not send Debbie Hobbs Sustainability Manager for Legal & General Property a note with your thoughts and ideas Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You might have customers or financial advisers that you deal with every day who have some of their money invested in Legal & General Property funds. Why not send them a link and talk about what we do on their behalf.